If you are building an overhead to cover an existing patio, you must first determine if local codes allow setting it directly on the slab and, if so, is the concrete thick Where local building codes allow this practice, you can bolt a patio overhead s posts directly to existing deck beams, joists, or other heavy structural members.
Jan , As a building inspector, I see a lot of decks that aren t built to code despite the plan review process, the purpose of which is to identify any code issues before No holes need to be dug for footings, as the precast blocks are set on grade, and the posts or beams fit in pockets cast in the concrete block.
Assuming you are in the frozen north, consider using foot porch posts they are pre poured concrete pyramids with a threaded insert dead center on the top Often easier that sonotubes and mixing concrete If your existing slab is not underfooted with a frost wall, and has not heaved or cracked over the
Apr , I thought about putting joist hangers along the top of the wall just below the soffit and space them out every foot and lower them an inch each time Once I get If I bought a by awning I would get all that coverage and it would cover my complete Alcove and my back door to the deck The difference
Follow our steps to building a ground level deck, which can greatly expand your outdoor living area Tip Before you begin, you must first calculate the amount of lumber, concrete and hardware you will need Install a inch thick pressure treated shim between the beams and one side of the anchor at each footing.
There are several methods for setting posts One way is to pour concrete in the post hole, set the post on the concrete and backfill with gravel To help prevent rotting, this deck will have wooden posts attached to concrete footers above ground For either method, set the footers below the frost line the level at which water
Can I put decking strait on the cement slab without any joists It would make my life easier if I could because the dek blocks plus the framing makes the decking the perfect height to do this Will this cause my deck to rot or be unstable If the integrity of the concrete slab is good and level, you can install
Mar , How to build a deck over an existing patio slab with low clearance Determine the joist height for the system To get the height of the joists, subtract the thickness of the decking from the distance between the top of the slab and the bottom of the patio door threshold In our case this was inches.
- composite materials for decks in red Philippines
- 16' galvanized wire wood frame fence panels
- decking the halls
- installing a porch roof over a trailer roof
- watertight deck material suppliers
- wpc lumber fence europe prices
- small patio and deck ideas
- finland patio cheap
- composite 2x4 lumber dealer
- nice composite decking at menards any good
- cedar fencing cost per foot pipe
- prices of molding in peso
- peel n stick vinyl houston
- outdoor prefab wood wall panels
- decking railing fencing wpc european producers
- hard plastic wood floor looks like wood libya
- backyard composite wood hollow decking board
- plastic wood pavers for roofs
- grp grating environment friendly
- best composite decking for docks